Election blues got you down? Fear of hurricanes and terrorism and Zika and economic collapse occupying too much space in your psyche?
The world may be going down the tubes, but there are still so many things to cheer our souls. For today’s Photo Friday, I dug up a bunch of images from the past year that remind me to be hardy, to laugh, and not to take life too seriously.
We can still feel good about the world…
- Because, as an adult, you can have cupcakes for breakfast.
- Because of dogs who think they are people
- Because Deloreans are real.
- Because sometimes younger cousins make some rad pizza.
- Because good friends aren’t afraid to go all out to dress up for a Renaissance murder mystery dinner party.
- Because of Chicken Parm
- Because sometimes it snows in the South.
The best day of my dog’s life.
- Because, Star Wars.
- Because Christmas. And people who go crazy with lights.
- Because sometimes you get to give your Swedish friends their first Christmas Scavenger Hunt. Also dogs in Christmas Sweaters.
- Because sometimes ordinary scenes become extraordinary.